From Rome there are several possibilities for a short trip outside the city, and guests can use train, car or private vans.
From small hilltop towns right outside the city, to major destinations such us Florence and Naples (both reachable in about 1 hour with the fast trains)
Another reason to use Rome as your base for excursions in this fascinating part of Italy.
Food and wine lovers will find several possibilities to fulfill their curiosities, with an incredible variety of culinary possibilities.
Here below we have added our personal experiences and our personal ideas. We add them based on our direct personal experience, and we have many more to suggest you. If you like simply contact us and we’ll be more than happy to provide you with information on how to discover the surroundings of Rome and how to use Rome as a hub for your visit to the major cities and tourist sites of the Central Italy
Check here below our ideas for trips outside rome
- Exploring Cistercian Abbeys in Lazio: A Journey of Serenity and LegacyNestled in the picturesque landscapes of Lazio, the Cistercian abbeys of Trisulti, Casamari, Valvisciolo, and Fossanova reveal a rich tapestry of history, spirituality, and architectural marvels. Originating in 12th-century France, the Cistercian order’s principles of simplicity, labor, and self-sufficiency have left an enduring mark on Europe and beyond. Casamari Abbey, the Italian headquarters of the order, stands as a testament to their balanced way of life, while Trisulti Abbey offers a haven of tranquility in the Ernici Mountains. Valvisciolo Abbey’s vineyards and olive groves exemplify self-sustainability, and Fossanova Abbey showcases a blend of architectural styles. Guided by their devotion to a harmonious existence, the Cistercians embody values of simplicity, education, and community. Their influence resonates across various spiritual paths, offering insights into balanced living. For travelers seeking an escape from Rome’s urban rhythm, a day trip from the QuodLibet Bed and Breakfast provides a unique opportunity. These abbeys beckon with their historical significance and serene beauty, inviting visitors to reflect on spirituality and culture while savoring the present moment. In summary, the Cistercian abbeys in Lazio stand as witnesses to a remarkable legacy, inviting exploration of their cultural and spiritual significance.
- Discover the Hidden Gem of Alatri: Unveiling the Mysteries of CiociariaEmbark on a captivating journey from QuodLibet, our esteemed bed and breakfast in Rome, to the hidden gem of Alatri. Discover the enigmatic Pelasgian civilization through the ancient polygonal walls, a testament to their ingenuity. Uncover legends of the Holy Grail and Knights Templar, adding intrigue to your visit. Immerse yourself in the picturesque Monti Ernici and savor the flavors of Ciociaria’s cuisine. Experience the rich history, warm hospitality, and untapped beauty of Alatri on this immersive day trip from Rome’s bustling streets.
- Unveiling Ciociaria: A Day Trip from Rome to Hidden Historical TreasuresEscape the beaten path and embark on an unforgettable journey from Rome to the hidden treasures of Ciociaria. This unexplored region, just a short distance from the bustling city, holds a wealth of historical wonders and breathtaking landscapes. Discover the medieval charm of Alatri and Fumone, wander through the picturesque village of Collepardo, and be enchanted by the spiritual ambiance of the Charterhouse of Trisulti. Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the Abbey of Casamari, where time seems to stand still. Experience the allure of Ciociaria, a hidden gem off the tourist radar, and uncover its rich heritage and natural beauty. Join us for an extraordinary day trip that will take you on a journey of discovery into a world untouched by mass tourism
- Zoom sessions for travelers to RomeAre you planning a trip to Rome? Still not sure about when, where, how long, what to plan in advance, what to leave for last-minute decisions, what to do in the city and around the city, and how to plan your broader trip in Italy? We are here, happy to help from our insider point … Read more
- From Rome to Val d’Orcia. An easy one day excursion.Unesco World Heritage Site, the Val d’Orcia is one of the most famous areas in Italy. If you think about Tuscany, and its landscapes, then usually the picture you are imagining is taken in Val D’Orcia. The Val d’Orcia is south of Siena, just north of the border with the Lazio Region (the region of … Read more