A continuous work in progress to make the terrace on the rooftop of the buiding where Quodlibet is located, an unique and enjoyable corner in Rome. Something unique among the guest houses and bed and breakfast in Rome. A winter garden where to enjoy your breakfast well heated even during the coldest season, a cool part of the city where to enjoy the hottest summer evenings and mornings touched by a nice and mild breeze.
In July 2016 we decided to use a portion of the roof of the building where QuodLibet is located just to offer an open air space to our guests during spring and summer. We had at that time just the intention to put a few chairs, sun umbrellas, and nothing more … Then, while we where doing it … we started to think about a patio, then about a water-proof covering, then about an area with wind protection … then since all our guests wanted to have breakfast there, it slowly became our breakfast space during the summer … and last year we noticed that even during the winter, all our guests wanted to stay there. Today, the terrace, is a steady winter garden perfectly insulated and heated during the winter, and fresh and airy during the summer … so part of our property, all year round!
the very begin of the terrace
Enjoy this video to see the way we made our terrace
At the beginning of July 2016 there was nothing on the top of the building inVia Barletta 29, but then… all in a “sudden” … something appeared
Latest posts about our terrace
- Not Only breakfast in our terrace in RomeWhich are the post Covid-19 measures we are adopting here at QuodLibet bed and breakfast in Rome? What are we thinking to do if we survive to this thunder-storm brought by the coronavirus? We plan … Continue reading Not Only breakfast in our terrace in Rome
- Rome: today Ravioli for LunchWe continue our covid-19 “stay at home period”, and we keep on doing our culinary experiments. At the same time, somehow, we are thinking about sharing our “skills” with our guests once we’ll be able … Continue reading Rome: today Ravioli for Lunch
- Autumn Colors in RomeFrom Yellow, to orange, red, the leaves in Rome Rome is a city with imposing Plane Trees which surround the streets along the Tiber, and few streets with buildings from the late 19th century. Via … Continue reading Autumn Colors in Rome
- Christmas Approach in Rome at QuodLibet bed and breakfastSomething (someone) new appeared this morning in the terrace of QuodLibet bed and breakfast in Rome, early in the morning among the tables ready for breakfast … Something is saying that maybe it is time … Continue reading Christmas Approach in Rome at QuodLibet bed and breakfast
- 7 am on the terrace of Quodlibet bed and breakfastAll is ready today, as usual, in the terrace at Quodlibet bed and breakfast in Rome. Ready for the first guests to come to have their breakfast in our patio. In the meanwhile the sun … Continue reading 7 am on the terrace of Quodlibet bed and breakfast